Wednesday, February 18, 2009

....Almost a no hitter


As we're all relaxin after dinner some of us were thinking......wow, it sure has been quiet today. 19:30ish and still no runs, oh gosh whats that? Fire tones! Multiple calls, flames showing! Woohoo, we got a worker, or at least those were my sentiments. As we're headin down the road Chief Barker makes it a working fire based on all the calls to control(my thoughts? sweet!). The fire was on Norton Ave NE, #2's first due. E2 arrives on scene, gives their size-up and starts making an intial attack. E3's task was water supply. We grab a hydrant and bring it up to E2, at the same time E14 had arrived on scene and assisted E2 in fire attack. Once we got to the house we performed a secondary search and vented as needed. Once that was complete we helped out with overhaul on the 2nd floor. Other units on scene were BC2, BC1, RS1, L2, E6, Bottle Truck and Investigation(sorry if I missed anyone). As far as I know, no citizens were hurt. We did have one firefighter(me) that got injured. I had an argument with a piece of glass and it won. I got a small lac to my wrist and when I showed it to Dr. Weaver he said I needed stitches and then patched me up. A visit to the ER and three stitches later I'm back on the engine ready for the next one! Thanks to Capt. Bo for "transporting" me and thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

On another note, our "hotel" recieved some fancy new entryway rugs. They sure are a shnazy addition to our little home. I hope while enjoying their royal treatment that the boys from #9 took the time to bask in the glory of our new mats. Here's a pic so everyone can enjoy them. Til next time......
RW

No comments:

Post a Comment